Senior Project Manager
Cypress Equities Operations, LP (“Cypress”), a commercial real estate development company, is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager based at our Corporate office in Dallas, Texas. Frequent travel to assigned development sites across the country is routine for this role.
Responsibilities include working directly with project municipalities, community leaders, and jurisdiction leaders to facilitate and ensure projects are completed according to plan. This position requires a vast understanding of commercial real estate development project management. Specifically, entitlement and ground up experience is required, along with extensive experience working with executives, clients, and third party entities.
The list below does not capture all the intricate details of the position:
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include complete implementation (from ground up initiation including entitlements through deployment) for major and or minor initiatives simultaneously such that the overall program aligns and supports established strategic objectives.
- Motivate project consultants to meet responsibilities and achieve project milestones utilizing a creative and analytical, problem-solving approach with collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
- Work with contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts protecting Cypress’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with stakeholders.
- Regularly inspecting construction sites ensuring construction activities move according to a predetermined schedule.
- Coordinate all third parties involved in the project(s), including architects, engineers, consultants’ contractors, sub-contractors, in the acquisition of permits and entitlements. Hold regular status meetings with all the third party team members and distribute meeting minutes.
- Proactively develop relationships with the project community conducting as needed any Planning Commission and City Council approvals and hearings.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, track team expenses, ensure quality and safety standards are met to minimize exposure and risk in the project. Identify elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims. And investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Construction Management and Engineering strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in commercial real estate project development to include economic and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling, and process adherence, creation, and implementation.
- Proficiency with Argus (or similar) financial software
- MS Office Suite
Cypress offers a competitive salary with bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits of medical, dental and vision, 401(k). We are an entrepreneurial organization, and work closely with each other at all levels and across the country. As a small company, we rely heavily on open, courteous, and effective dialogue.
We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
At this time, we do not offer relocation.
Please, no search firms.